Every day I ride my bicycle around the 1,000 acre park, it’s ten kilometres and takes about 45 minutes if you don’t stop. It’s my Recreation Addiction, probably a pro could ride the loop in half the time it takes me, since I intentionally ride to make it last and try to take as much time as I can. No two laps are the same but every time I attempt to re-create the feeling I had the first time, as an aspect of creation and the sheer joy, of being a creator in it.
A few years ago I got the idea to take a photo of the girl in the wetsuit bronze statue, which is about halfway around. I also take those photos because it’s captures North Vancouver in the background and over the girl’s shoulder you can see Lions Gate hospital where I was born, so each photo commemorates that moment in my life and keeps a time stamp of the occasion, it’s a ritual for me. I have over 500 now.
On a completely different note…. I reached Lesson #320 in A Course in Miracles and then the next page was Chapter 11; as follows.
What Is Creation?
1. Creation is the sum of all God’s Thoughts, in number infinite, and everywhere without all limit. Only love creates, and only like itself. There was no time when all that it created was not there. Nor will there be a time when anything that it created suffers any loss. Forever and forever are God’s Thoughts exactly as they were and as they are, unchanged through time and after time is done.
2. God’s Thoughts are given all the power that their own Creator has. For He would add to love by its extension. Thus His Son shares in creation, and must therefore share in power to create. What God has willed to be forever One will still be One when time is over; and will not be changed throughout the course of time, remaining as it was before the thought of time began.
3. Creation is the opposite of all illusions, for creation is the truth. Creation is the holy Son of God, for in creation is His Will complete in every aspect, making every part container of the whole. Its oneness is forever guaranteed inviolate; forever held within His holy Will, beyond all possibility of harm, of separation, imperfection and of any spot upon its sinlessness.
4. We are creation; we the Sons of God. We seem to be discrete, and unaware of our eternal unity with Him. Yet back of all our doubts, past all our fears, there still is certainty. For love remains with all its Thoughts, its sureness being theirs. God’s memory is in our holy minds, which know their oneness and their unity with their Creator. Let our function be only to let this memory return, only to let God’s Will be done on earth, only to be restored to sanity, and to be but as God created us.
5. Our Father calls to us. We hear His Voice, and we forgive creation in the Name of its Creator, Holiness Itself, Whose Holiness His Own creation shares; Whose Holiness is still a part of us.
Recreation Addiction Photo on Visualhunt