One great thing about modern day life is the level of communication but it can be a curse if like me you have to delete through hundreds of emails every day just to find the few that were sent by someone you know. Fortunately I use Eudora and have dozens of filters in place and a good junk filter to eliminate over half the spam.
Often I get little interesting nuggets of wisdom, like today from NASA telling me of a most interesting alignment of planets during the next 20 days, or Point of Life Newsletter from Michael Levy, always uplifting. Some people send me jokes and or amusing stories and pictures and occasionally I get a good chuckle, like today’s message from my friend Carl of Pompano Beach.
You know you’re living in 2006 when…
- You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
- You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
- You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
- You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
- Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.
- You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
- Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
- Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
- You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
- You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
- Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
- You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
- You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Go on, forward this to your friends …you know you want to!
No comments yet.